Hoists for agribusiness
In order to maintain high quality standards, freshness and safety of food during all stages of production and distribution, a goods lift can be a valuable ally in the agribusiness sector.
In this article, you will find out how it can help you in your everyday work.
Why choose an industrial grain elevator for the agribusiness sector
- Handling agricultural raw materials: In the agribusiness sector, it is common to have to handle large quantities of agricultural raw materials, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, fish, dairy products and more. A goods lift simplifies the lifting and moving of these heavy raw materials, improving operational efficiency.
- Vertical storage: Hoists allow maximum use of space in storage environments, such as refrigerated warehouses or cold rooms, reducing the need for horizontal space and improving food inventory management.
- Supply chain management: Hoists facilitate the loading and unloading of raw materials and finished products to and from delivery vehicles or trucks, simplifying supply chain management operations.
- Finished product storage: In addition to raw materials, product elevators can be used for vertical storage of finished food products, improving the ability to handle large volumes of products awaiting distribution.
- Maintenance of optimum conditions: In the case of temperature- or humidity-sensitive foods, hoists can be designed to ensure that optimum conditions are maintained during vertical transport, thus preserving food freshness and quality.
- Food safety: Food must be handled hygienically and in accordance with food safety regulations. The use of hoists helps prevent cross-contamination, as loads can be lifted off the floor and transported hygienically.
What features should an industrial hoist for agribusiness have
An agribusiness hoist must have certain characteristics to be effective and safe in the specific environment of a winery or farm.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when buying an industrial hoist:
- In this area you have to consider plants with medium/high capacities ranging from 1000Kgs to 2500Kgs, with the possibility of having manned as well.
- Evaluate a retractable solution complete with cabin and enclosure roof also for outdoor use, which allows the exterior upper floor surface to remain unprotected, resulting in a driveway-roofed floor.
- Plants are recommended for this sector that can be built with stainless steel 304 or 316 surfaces for food use and that can have specific set-ups such as cabins closed on 3 sides and with on-board equipment to be suitable for low-temperature areas such as cold rooms.